TPU（Thermoplastic Urethanes）is widely used in shoes, cables, medical instruments, soft pipe, sports, etc
Basic components of TPU
We can change the ratios of different components to get the hardness we want.
There are two processes for TPU
It is widely used in Automotive, Electrics, Consumer tools, transport tools, construction tools, etc
- Use the reactors for all components reactions. Then use melt pump and under water pelletizing system to make it into granule to get the TPU resin. Then we will use a twin screw extruder to modify the TPU properties as we want. Add some additives or other polymers to mix the TPU with other components, then use under water pelletizing system to get the granules.
- We can produce the TPU masterbatch in 1 step. Polyol, MDI, BDO, additives react in the reactors, and the melt goes to the twin screw extruder by a pouring machine, on the twin screw extruder, other additives or components will be added to compound with the polymerized TPU melt, thus getting the desired properties we want. Then use a under water pelletizing system to make it into a TPU masterbatch.
COWELL TPU one step Extruder Features
- Use high torque gearbox
- Low rotation speed to guarantee less shearing heat and extend the duration time
- L/D up to 64 to have a sufficient reaction
- Small clearance to avoid back flow of melt
- Ideal screw profile design for good reaction, dispersion and mixing.
- Cowell under water pelletizing system makes the pelletizing more smoothly
COWELL Extruder Proposed
|Model||Motor kW||L/D||Rotation Speed rpm||Output kg/hr|
COWELL Under Water Pelletizer Proposed
|Model||Motor kW||Knife Feed||No.of hole||Heater||Output kg/hr|